About Infinitas Technology
For everyone who discovers. For everyone who grows. For everyone who performs and challenges themselves. For your smallest dreams and your biggest ambitions. Learning will take you further. From your first day at school to the next step in your career. Infinitas is there for you and everyone who learns.
We at Infinitas Product & Technology (the engineering arm of Infinitas Learning) are passionate about understanding and transforming the way people learn. We create educational solutions that touch the lives of everyone around us – both personally and professionally.
Our digital learning solutions help everyone learn to their full potential. Every day over millions of people, young and old, work and learn with the learning resources, technology, and services from Infinitas. We believe that learning can always be improved. We also challenge ourselves to look further than today. We continue to innovate. Together with everyone who, just like us, has a heart for learning.
We provide learning solutions in The Netherlands, Belgium and Sweden through well-known and established educational content brands (Noordhoff, Liber and Plantyn). We reach more than five million students with innovative products and services for students and teachers. Our blended learning propositions incorporate the full range of interactive online learning and digital teaching solutions, complemented by textbooks for all major topics taught in primary schools, secondary schools, further education colleges and health professionals. We have a proud history of developing leading titles in partnership with some of the most talented teachers in the countries we operate in.
As a UX/UI designer you will work in tandem with the designer within your team on our educational and administrative software solutions:
- Together with the development team and product owner, you determine the scope of the functionalities you will improve or implement. You do this based on user research that you perform mainly in the Belgian market, and also based on your insights and expertise for delivering user-friendly solutions.
- You can easily work with the development team and can ensure that your designs are clearly documented and communicated.
- Besides your daily work on your assigned product(s) (Scoodle and Informat software), you can participate in setting up the design system that will be used throughout the company (IL Products & Technology). This project is currently in its infancy, and you have the opportunity to be a part of this project/product. You will have the opportunity to gain experience under supervision and grow within the international setting of IL Products & Technology.
For this position we are looking for a junior profile (school leaver), so our chosen candidate should not be able to tick off every item but can recognize themselves in this profile:
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Interaction Design, CMD, Devine,... or a portfolio that can demonstrate equivalent experience.
- You have experience with design programs like Sketch and Figma. The design team within Infinitas is using Figma.
- You can work in an agile environment.
- You always put the user first and can defend your decisions within the development team/to business stakeholders. You are not afraid to ask questions when something is not clear or to ask for help when you are stuck.
- Besides an analytical mindset, you can also deliver qualitative UI designs
- that are accessible and clearly documented for the development team.
- You work in an organized way and can manage (realistically set) deadlines.
- You are creative, conceptual, and analytical. You are result-oriented, and you can be persuasive when necessary.
- You have an affinity with education and educational target groups.
- You have a very good knowledge of Dutch and English (both spoken and written).
- You will be given a full-time, open-ended contract and will fit into Plantyn's personalized corporate culture. As a certified 'Great Place to Work©', we take care of your well-being: collegiality and 'sharing & caring' are important values in our company.
- You will be working for a European player, i.e. Infinitas Learning, which is strongly committed to innovation and customer focus.
- You will be working for Plantyn, a strong brand in the education market, a quality label you can be proud of.
- You will be working for a financially very healthy company that has achieved good results in recent years and is reinvesting them in the further growth and development of the organization.
- You will enjoy an attractive salary, numerous fringe benefits including a company car, the opportunity to work flexibly in time and place and ongoing training opportunities.
- Your workplace radiates light and space, and is modern and flexible. Our office in Berchem offers space for relaxation and has an eye for your happiness at work.